I have had a relatively symptom-free pregnancy so far, and I really hate to complain because I know so many have it so much worse. But once in a while a girl just needs to vent!
The past couple of weeks some annoying symptoms have popped up making life a little more challenging. Pregnancy heartburn has begun in full force. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat or when I eat, it just happens. Eating smaller meals and taking tums and Zantac has helped. It seems to get worse at night and makes sleeping more difficult.
Speaking of sleep....what's that??? I know it's common for pregnant women to feel exhausted, but it would be great if I could get one full night of sleep! Between not being able to get comfortable, getting up constantly to pee, heartburn, and now my hands going numb when I lay down, it's almost impossible to sleep. Living with multiple chronic pain conditions has made me used to feeling fatigued, but I am usually able to get through the day anyway. This baby is sucking the life out of me, and the fatigue I feel is beyond the point where I can fight through it. I feel like I'm constantly in a fog, I am forgetting everything, and losing all concept of time, and my anxiety has been awful. I can't make it through the day without having to lay down and rest my body and if I'm lucky I can get an hour of sleep in during the day. I think this is just the baby preparing me for the sleep deprivation I will have once he enters the world. 😉
So far the most annoying and unexpected symptom is developing pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand. Some days it's just an annoying tingle with numbness, and some days I can't make a fist or grip anything and my fingers are swollen and throb. I am doing stretches, wearing a wrist brace, and getting treatment from my Chiropractor and it has been manageable. I have been slacking on keeping up with this blog because some days I can't even type on the laptop. I promise not to leave you all hanging too long and I will update at least weekly!
It will be interesting to see what the next 19 weeks have in store. Either way, at least there are only a few more months to get through, then I will have a whole new list of problems while caring for a newborn, haha. It's all part of the process. 💙
No comments:
Post a Comment