Friday, February 9, 2018

I'm Pregnant

October 22, 2017

I had wicked insomnia the past few nights for no known reason. I felt fine and wasn't overly stressed, but my body just would not let me sleep. I was feeling bloated and crampy and my boobs were sore, so I figured that it was just hormones and that my period would be coming soon. I ran some errands and after walking around a store for a little while I was feeling a little off. I was extremely hungry and tired and irritable all at once. I thought it was strange that it hit me so fast, but like before, I figured it was PMS related. Later that day I was figuring out when I was supposed to get my period and knew it was soon, but still not for another week or so and I don't usually have these symptoms so early so I thought it was strange and it occured to me that it was possible, though in my mind very unlikely, that I could be pregnant. After another night of insomnia and wanting some peace of mind, thinking it would finally allow me to sleep, I decided to take a pregnancy test.
I took the test on the morning of Sunday October 22, 2017. I was expecting it to be negative for several reasons. So I dipped the stick then got dressed and ready for the day, and went back into the bathroom to check it. I looked at it. Then read the instructions again. Then stared at it. Yup, that's definitely a plus sign. Ok then...so its positive...So I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant??? I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant! So much for the sleep I was hoping to get!
Yep, that's a positive test! 


Of course Steve was gone on a boys camping trip that weekend and he wasn't home for me to tell. I had a bit of a freak out/holy shit moment and had to call my cousin Kayla and tell her because I wasn't sure what else to do. She assured me that the holy shit moment was normal and I would be fine and that this was very exciting! So once I had assurance that this was real and OK, I had to figure out how I was going to tell Steve the news.

He came home from his camping trip the next day, and just to be sure that I didn't dream it or didn't somehow get a false positive, I took another test that morning. It was still positive, so I figured it was safe to tell him the news.
I got him a card, I wrapped up the positive pregnancy tests, and I got him a big bottle of beer called Lovechild. I wasn't sure how he would take the news and I was anxious about telling him. He was so happy and excited and didn't have a freak out moment at all! Thank goodness one of us didn't!

The baby's official due date is July 5, 2018!





No comments:

Post a Comment