Thursday, March 22, 2018

24 Week Ultrasound

March 19, 2018

Today we had a follow up ultrasound for little Cubby to check his growth and make sure that everything is developing on track as it should be. Grandma Lou got to join me for this ultrasound and got to see this wiggly boy on the big screen! It was very special.
Cubby was much more cooperative for this ultrasound, and we finally got some 3D pictures of his sweet little face! I must say that it made me completely melt and made me so excited to get to hold this little bundle in a few short months! Everything is going well, but since he is measuring a little big, we will have another ultrasound in 4 weeks to re-check his growth.

I also had my 24 week OB check up which went well. Blood pressure is good, weight is good, and all symptoms I'm having are completely normal for where I am in pregnancy. I will have to go for the dreaded  glucose tolerance test in 2 weeks to be tested for gestational diabetes. Please pray that I pass that, and then it's all smooth sailing from there on out. We found out in the first trimester that I am a carrier for the Cystic Fibrosis gene, meaning that if Steve is also a carrier, our baby would have a 25% chance of being born with Cystic Fibrosis. Steve had his blood test and we finally got the results back and thank God he is not a carrier, so our baby will not have Cystic Fibrosis! Such a relief!

Here are some ultrasound pictures of our sweet little guy <3

Cute as a button nose


Check out those little lips

He was laying with his foot up by his head


3D of his adorable little face


No comments:

Post a Comment